OMG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of OMG Chatroom.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disney•Pixar's Up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Quackor the Fowl
Quackor the Fowl

OMG Points : 140
Location : Planet Blorch, home of the slaughtering rat people.

Disney•Pixar's Up Empty
PostSubject: Disney•Pixar's Up   Disney•Pixar's Up EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Hello everybody, it's me, Quackor, your friendly neighborhood duck/mod, and I'm here to review Disney•Pixar's most recent film, Up.

Being a fan of Pixar, I was eager to see the film, but a lot of people I knew weren't really wanting to see it, because it had a crazy premise, and it would be hard to work with it. then it came out, and everyone loved it.

So here's my look on it. Possible spoilers, BTW.

Story
The story is a bit outlandish, I'll admit, but here's the gist of it: a boy falls in love with a girl, and they save up to go to South America. Then the girl dies. Fast forward a few years, where the boy, Carl, now 70+ years old, is being coaxed to move into a retirement home. Not wanting to leave his home, he finally decides to make his dream of going to Soith America a reality: he ties a crapload of balloons to his chimney and takes it to the skies. However, he unwittingly brings an 8-year-old boy scout, named Russell, on for the ride as well. And they have a wild whirlwind adventure!

While it certainly is odd, the writers know how to make it work. It relies a bit on the willing suspension of disbelief, mainly with the fact that a house is being lifted up by a bunch of balloons. But it works, and actually tugs on a few heartstrings. It was the first film that actually made me cry in a theater, and god, do I feel like a wuss typing that.
Story Overall: 9/10

Animation
First, it's Pixar. You're expecting me to say that it looks ugly?

Well, the design and animation look gorgeous, and they flow incredibly well. I actually found out that the hardest part of animation wasn't the balloons, although that was certainly up there. The hardest parts were the iridescent feathers on Kevin the bird, and giving realistic cloth to caricatured character models. Dang.

The film also was great in 3D; it was a film where the 3D actually added to the film, instead of detracting. There wasn't many cheap 3D tricks, which is probably a good thing.

So in short, animation pretty, 3D neat.
Animation Overall: 10/10

Music
Yes. The music. It is nothing short of amazing. It's poignant, elegant, and even epic when it needs to be. The score uses a technique called theme transformation, which uses character-based themes and echoes theme throughout the film. The two main ones are "Muntz's Theme", who was Carl's childhood idol, and "Ellie's Theme", which is for Carl's late wife; both are echoed repeatedly in the film's duration.
Music Overall: 9.5/10

Overall score: 9.5/10

There's a reason why this film was nominated for Best Picture. This is definitely the best film I've seen in '09, followed in a very close second by Star Trek. It's got story, great characters, an amazing score, and gawjus animation. All these get thrown into a blender and make the terrific-tasting energy drink known as Disney•Pixar's Up.

Buy, Rent, or Skip?: Buy
Back to top Go down
paTrick
Chuck Norris
paTrick

OMG Points : 209

Disney•Pixar's Up Empty
PostSubject: Wow Great Review   Disney•Pixar's Up EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:45 pm

As i said wow great review chect mine out in the game section
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN0FvF-rCI8&a
[EnigmaticDude13]
Admin
[EnigmaticDude13]

OMG Points : 172

Disney•Pixar's Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney•Pixar's Up   Disney•Pixar's Up EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow, nice review! I mean really, that was a very good review. The story section could have been a little better, though. I give your review a
8.3/10

(It's a review of a review! How aweshum!)
Back to top Go down
https://omgforum.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Disney•Pixar's Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney•Pixar's Up   Disney•Pixar's Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney•Pixar's Up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OMG Forum :: Entertainment :: Movies and TV :: Film Reviews-
Jump to: